We envision a community where every member works together toward a more resilient future for all.
By utilizing and creating responsive, collaborative, evidence-based resources, we will prevent traumatic experiences and help anyone who has experienced trauma heal.
- Prevention | We believe the best way to prevent traumatic experiences is by building assets through educating, empowering, and engaging the whole community to respond and collaborate.
- Connection | We believe that building connections between service providers, community members, faith-based organizations and local leaders is the only way to achieve sustainable, system-wide transformation.
- Resilience | We believe that resilience is cultivated by responding to trauma with compassionate, evidence-based solutions.
- We are motivated by Divine love that results in freedom and wholeness.
- We uphold the dignity of every member of our community.
- We are confident that healing is possible and that trauma can be prevented.
- We commit to stepping outside of our own silos and working together.
- We encourage and incentivize active, participatory, context-crossing collaboration.
- We pledge to provide meaningful resources and to use only evidence-based methods.
Board of Directors
- April Bordeau, Executive Director - Care to Change
- Melissa Echerd, Outreach Prevention Educator - Sheltering Wings
- Chase Cotten, Executive Director - The Willow Center
- Liza Taylor, Adjunct Faculty - Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
- Jess Holiday, Student Minister - Kingsway Christian Church
- Christina Anderson, Community Paramedicine Social Worker - Hendricks Regional Health